The public is invited to Parkview Huntington Hospital’s annual Fall Health and Fitness Fair from 6 to 11 a.m.Wednesday, Oct. 6 in the front lobby area and lower-level classrooms of the hospital, located at 2001 Stults Road, Huntington.
Lab services will be offered at a reduced cost and Parkview Huntington Hospital Senior Partner members will receive an additional discount. Only cash or check will be accepted as payment.
Lab tests to be offered include:
* Blood Chemistry 17 (glucose/sugar, lipid profile, cholesterol, etc.) — $19; $17 for Senior Partners. An eight- to 12-hour fast is recommended for this test. Water is allowed. People who have diabetes should continue with their normal therapy schedule.
* Hemogram (anemia/iron) — $9; $7 for Senior Partners.
* PSA test (prostate) — $23; $20 for Senior Partners.
* TSH test (thyroid) — $23; $20 for Senior Partners.
* CRP Ultra Sensitive (detects early heart disease) — $23; $20 for Senior Partners.
Francine’s Friends Mobile Mammography Coach also will be on the hospital campus this year. The Breast Diagnostic Center (BDC) performs screening mammograms aboard the coach. For women who have insurance, their insurance plan will be billed. If a patient does not have insurance, but is able to pay, the BDC offers a reduced rate if payment is made on the day of the screening. For patients who do not have insurance or other financial resources, or have a high deductible on their insurance, funding is available. Appointments are required. To make an appointment call 260-483-1847 or 800-727-8439 ext. 26540.
Free health screenings also will be offered this year from 6 to 11 a.m., and include:
* Bone density
* Grip strength
* Body fat analysis
* Pulmonary function testing
* Heart risk assessment
* Blood pressure
* Foot screenings
* Skin cancer screenings will only be offered from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m.
In addition, health information will be provided by the following participants from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.:
* Alzheimer’s Support Group
* Huntington County Council on Aging
* American Heart Association
* American Cancer Society
* American Red Cross
* Ask The Pharmacist
* Parkview Huntington Hospital Senior Partners
* Parkview Home Health & Hospice
* Companion Lifeline
* Colorectal information provided by Kelly Klinker, MD, Northeast Indiana * Colon Rectal Surgeons, a member of Parkview Physicians’ Group.
Valet parking will be available beginning at 6 a.m. Breakfast will be available in the hospital cafeteria from 6 to 10 a.m.
Lab results will be returned by mail. For additional information, call 260-355-3802 or 800-533-2252, ext.53802.