Parkview Home Health and Hospice will host a series of flu and pneumonia vaccination clinics during October and November at two locations in Huntington County. The flu vaccination is available for people nine years of age and older; the pneumonia vaccination is available for people 18 years of age and older.
Times, dates and locations in Huntington County are listed below:
* Huntington Senior Center, 354 N. Jefferson St., Huntington from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, October 5
* W.A. Zimmer Company, 1700 North Broadway, Huntington:
– Tuesday, October 12, 9 to 11:30 a.m.
– Tuesday, October 19, 9 to 11:30 a.m.
– Thursday, October 21, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– Tuesday, October 26, 9 to 11:30 a.m.
– Tuesday, November 2, 9 to 11:30 a.m.
– Thursday, November 4, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– Tuesday, November 9, 9 to 11:30 a.m.
– Tuesday, November 16, 9 to 11:30 a.m.
– Thursday, November 18, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
If individuals have proof of traditional Medicare Part B or a Medicare HMO, there will be no out-of-pocket expense. If individuals have any other insurance or no insurance, the out-of-pocket expense will be $25 for flu shots and $35 for pneumonia shots. Payment will be expected at the time of administration. Cash and personal checks will be accepted.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that individuals wanting to reduce the risk of contracting the flu should get a flu vaccine.
For more information, call the Parkview Flu & Pneumonia Information Line at 800-727-8439, ext. 37985.